Huawei Honor Note 8 is official, 6.6-inch 2k Screen, Kirin 955 CPU 4GB RAM
Huawei finally announced the Honor Note 8, the smartphone with crazy screen size, 6.6-inch Super AMOLED with 2K resolution. This is going to be one the best phablet in 2016.
I’m pretty sure Huawei is targeting multi-media consumer, people who fancy watching movies and gaming on their smartphone, imagine having a 6.6-inch smartphone why the hell you would want a tablet.
Huawei stick to their design tradition, as you Honor Note 8 looks similar to other Huawei smartphone especially the Honor V8, the Honor Note 8 is a dual SIM 4G LTE which features a premium metal design housing, a slim phone measuring at 7.18mm while weighing 219 grams.
The phone is powered by Kirin 955 octa-core chipset with 4GB RAM while you get choice of internal storage of 32GB, 64G or 128GB.
The rear camera is 13.0MP RGBW sensor with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, and DPS/ GPU dual noise reduction, while selfie camera is 8.0MP with an aperture of f/2.0 sensor.
Other features includes the 4500mAh battery (not sure if that’s enough for huge screen), Huawei claims is good enough for 13 hours of video playback and more than 2 days of average usage.
Split screen multi-tasking (necessary for that screen size), USB Type-C, fast charge support, 3MIC omnidirectional recording (helps clear audio recording), Finger print sensor at the back.
You will get three colors to choose from, the Gold, Silver and Grey, the Honor Note 8 will cost you $346 for the 32GB model, $376 for the 64GB model and $421 for the 128GB model, phone will go on sale on the 9th of August while reservations starts now.
images from Honor Mate 8
– 4G LTE Capability
– Hybrid Dual SIM, Uses SIM 2 Slot as microSD Card Slot
– 6.6-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Screen with 1440 x 2560 Pixels Resolution, 105% NTSC Color Gamut and 445 PPI Pixels Per Inch
– Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 955 (Quad-core 2.5GHz A72 + Quad-core 1.8 GHz A53) Processor
– Mali T880-MP4 GPU
– 32/64/128 GB Internal Memory
– 2.5D Curved Glass Display
– 4 GB of RAM
– microSD Card Support up to 128 GB
– 13 MP Dual Primary Camera with f/2.0 aperture, RGBW Sensor and Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and Dual Tone Dual-LED Flash
– 8 MP Front-facing Camera
– Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
– EMUI 4.1
– 4.500mAh Non-removable Lithium-ion Battery with Fast Charging
– Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band, Hotspot,
– Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE
– USB Type-C
– Magnetic Compass, Gyro, Fingerprint Scanner, Accelerometer and Proximity Sensors
– 178.8 x 90.9 x 7.2 mm Dimensions